Deah Barakat, Yusor Abu-Salha and Razan Abu-Salha had big ideas for how they wanted to help the world. One of Deah’s last facebook posts was of an evening where he and Yusor were giving food and free dental supplies to the homeless in downtown Durham. Razan, was a regular at Raleigh’s Moore Square, not only with sandwiches for the homeless but also special messages she tucked into the sustenance. The total of the last five drives has translated into over a quarter of a million meals donated to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina for those in need.
There are 3 ways to get involved this year!
- Donate food at any of these locations
- Donate funds through our Virtual Food Drive
- Drop off donations Saturday, February 29th from 10am-2pm at the Islamic Center of Raleigh.
For more details please see The Lighthouse Project’s Facebook event page!
#NoOneGoesHungry #OurThreeWinners #LoveThyNeighbor
Meet the love of your life, rain or shine! Singles Night is still on, but please be safe traveling to the Food Bank. See you tonight!
Publix Food for Sharing program gives the customer the chance to donate food to help the hungry. You can choose one of three donation amounts, and Publix will donate the food in that bundle to local food banks. More than $86 million in food has been donated since 2009 to help alleviate hunger in our communities. Click here to find your local Publix store!
NC Legal Feeding Frenzy is an annual joint program of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across North Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
For more information, and to register to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, please visit https://nclegalfeedingfrenzy.com!
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, they invite everyone to focus on the importance of making informed food choices, developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here at the Food Bank, our Nutrition Education Team puts together a National Nutrition Month® calendar with 31 bite-size ideas you can incorporate into your personal wellness plan.
Calling all Technology Companies and Organizations!
Technology companies and organizations across the Food Bank’s 34- county service area are invited to raise meals in a friendly competition to fight hunger for bragging rights, an exclusive volunteer opportunity and a trophy!
Think your company has what it takes to win? Sign up today! Here’s what you need to know:
- The competition runs from April 1st to May 1st, 2020
- After registering, you will receive an email with a unique URL to your own “virtual food drive” fundraising page. Share this link with coworkers, teammates, friends, family and even on social media! Every dollar donated provides 5 meals for people facing food insecurity!
- Want to hold a physical food drive as well? Visit our food and fund drive page for information on drop-off locations and collection boxes. You can also download donation signs and a list of our most-needed items. Every 1.2 pounds of food is equal to 1 meal for a neighbor in need.
- Food donations must be dropped off at one of our branches by 12:00pm on Friday, May 1st in order to be counted in the competition.
- Bytes for Bites will have two winners: most meals raised overall, and most meals raised per employee.
- For more details or questions, please contact Liz Moss, Food & Fund Drive Officer, at email@example.com.
The Food Bank’s mission is to nourish people, build solutions, and empower communities. Thank you for believing in our mission, and our vision that no one goes hungry!