We all know the feeling of warmth, security, and belonging that comes from being around a meal with family. This year, we’re asking you to help us provide hope for the holidays.
2020 has been especially devastating for many of our already vulnerable friends and neighbors. The 38% increase in need in our service area due to COVID-19 means now more than ever we want the families we support to have enough healthy and nutritious food this holiday season. Help us provide hope and ensure the families we serve have what they need to enjoy a warm, safe, and happy holiday season with their loved ones.
Visit foodbankcenc.org/hope to make a MATCHED donation and provide hope with a warm meal for 2x as many people in need this holiday season.
Moved by the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, generous friends of the Food Bank have created the largest match pot in our 40 year history: $292,000! We need you to give what you are able, by December 31, so that we can reach the full match potential — providing balanced meals and hope to neighbors across our service area.
Thank you to our Holiday Meals Match Sponsors!
Other ways you can help the Food Bank meet the increased need:
- Involve your friends – Want to mobilize your neighborhood, church group, or family? Holding a Virtual Food Drive is a great way to help – while practicing social distancing. Visit foodbankcenc.org/vfd to get started!
- Donate time – If you are a healthy adult and want to volunteer, you can self-schedule a shift at foodbankcenc.org/volunteer. Current volunteer sessions are being kept much smaller than traditional volunteer groups to best accommodate social distancing. We are also limiting volunteering to ages 18-60 at this time, to best protect vulnerable populations.
- Donate food – We’re always in need of the types of shelf-stable items that you pick up for your own family: things like peanut butter, canned tuna fish and chicken, soup, pasta, and canned fruits and veggies. Visit https://foodbankcenc.org/get-involved/host-a-food-fund-drive/ to get more information!
Helping Neighbors, Together
The ABC11 Together Food Drive, led by ABC 11 Eyewitness News, brings together hundreds of local businesses, schools, clubs and individuals to raise food and funds for our community. This year, the need is even more staggering, because of the COVID-19 crisis: more than 750,000 people are facing hunger – a 38% increase over last year. Help support the thousands of families in our region that need help putting food on the table.
This year because of COVID-19, ABC11 Together Food Drive will look a little different. We encourage you to “Click or Pick” on Wednesday, December 9:
- Visit any Food Lion location and PICK out a $5 Holiday Meals Box!
- CLICK Online Here to donate
This year, we aim to provide 1,500,000 meals!
Tune in to ABC11 for special coverage on December 9th!
On social media? Use #ABC11Together and #NoOneGoesHungry
Shop with our partners below to support the Food Bank!
- Active Bodez SWEAT – Strong Women Exercising All Together will be donating 10% of the monthly fees to us here at the Food Bank! To learn more and sign-up visit SWEAT – Active Bodez!
Want to add your give-back promotion to this page? Click here to view our Cause Marketing Guidelines and learn more about how your brand can support our Food Bank. Please email Tessa Johnson at email@example.com with questions or to learn more.
2021 Kids Summer Meals service runs June 14 — August 20
Kids Summer Meals, also known as the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), is a USDA federally funded resource which offers free nutritious meals to children 2-18 typically during summer months. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USDA approved waivers to activate Summer Food Service Program outside of traditional program dates so children can have access to free meals even when schools close for holiday breaks. The Food Bank will offer support across its 34-county service area to new and returning sites for Kids Summer Meals sponsorship.
Recruiting Kids Meals Sites:
Youth center, apartment complex, or other community group? If you are an organization, or know of an organization, that would like to provide free meal service for children this summer, please submit a Kids Summer Meals Site Application to request meal sponsorship.
Recruiting Meal Vendors:
Caterer, restaurant, commercial kitchen, or meal provider? If you would like to learn more about paid partnership to provide meals this summer, email Mercedes Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Waivers for this year’s Kids Summer Meals service include:
- Meals can be grab-and-go; it is not necessary for the children to eat on site.
- Parents and guardians can pick up the meals for their children, without children needing to be present.
- Sites and programs may be able to provide children and guardians with multiple meals during a single pick-up.
Contact Mercedes Sanders at email@example.com