Shop with our partners below to support the Food Bank!
- Active Bodez SWEAT – Strong Women Exercising All Together will be donating 10% of the monthly fees to us here at the Food Bank! To learn more and sign-up visit SWEAT – Active Bodez!
Want to add your give-back promotion to this page? Click here to view our Cause Marketing Guidelines and learn more about how your brand can support our Food Bank. Please email Tessa Johnson at email@example.com with questions or to learn more.
2021 Kids Summer Meals service runs June 14 — August 20
Kids Summer Meals, also known as the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), is a USDA federally funded resource which offers free nutritious meals to children 2-18 typically during summer months. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USDA approved waivers to activate Summer Food Service Program outside of traditional program dates so children can have access to free meals even when schools close for holiday breaks. The Food Bank will offer support across its 34-county service area to new and returning sites for Kids Summer Meals sponsorship.
Recruiting Kids Meals Sites:
Youth center, apartment complex, or other community group? If you are an organization, or know of an organization, that would like to provide free meal service for children this summer, please submit a Kids Summer Meals Site Application to request meal sponsorship.
Recruiting Meal Vendors:
Caterer, restaurant, commercial kitchen, or meal provider? If you would like to learn more about paid partnership to provide meals this summer, email Mercedes Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Waivers for this year’s Kids Summer Meals service include:
- Meals can be grab-and-go; it is not necessary for the children to eat on site.
- Parents and guardians can pick up the meals for their children, without children needing to be present.
- Sites and programs may be able to provide children and guardians with multiple meals during a single pick-up.
Contact Mercedes Sanders at email@example.com
NC Legal Feeding Frenzy is an annual joint program of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across North Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
For more information, and to register to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, please visit https://nclegalfeedingfrenzy.com!
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, they invite everyone to focus on the importance of making informed food choices, developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here at the Food Bank, our Nutrition Education Team put together a National Nutrition Month® Healthy Food Drive Calendar. So grab an empty box, and each day add one healthy item to donate. There’s a theme each week, and a few healthy tips for you along the way! At the end of the month, drop off your donation box at your local Food Bank Branch.
Calling all Technology Companies, Organizations and Groups!
Over the past year, the ways we have used technology to connect with one another has exponentially grown, and while so much of our lives seem to have moved to a virtual platform, our basic household needs remain ever present. With the loss of jobs, income, and in-person schooling, there are 38% more individuals and families struggling to keep food on the table. For the month of May, technology companies and organizations across the Food Bank’s 34- county service area are invited to raise meals in a friendly competition to fight hunger for bragging rights, an exclusive volunteer opportunity and a trophy!
Think your company has what it takes to win? Here is what you need to know:
- The competition runs from May 1st to May 31st, 2021.
- It will be a virtual event hosted on our Just Giving peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
- Registration begins April 1st, 2021. Sign up below!
- After registering you will receive Microsoft Teams invite for orientation being held on April16, 2021.
- After orientation you will create your own fundraising page with a unique URL to your own “virtual food drive” fundraising page. Share this link with coworkers, teammates, friends, family and even on social media! Every dollar donated can provide 5 meals for people facing food insecurity!
- Want to hold a physical food drive as well? Visit our food and fund drive page for information on drop-off locations and collection boxes. You can also download donation signs and a list of our most-needed items. Every 1.2 pounds of food is equal to 1 meal for a neighbor in need.
- Food donations must be dropped off at one of our branches by 4:00pm on Friday, May 28th to be counted in the competition.
- Bytes for Bites will have two winners: most meals raised overall, and most meals raised per employee.
- For more details or questions, please contact Michael Hooker, Community Donations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Bank’s mission is to nourish people, build solutions, and empower communities. Thank you for believing in our mission, and our vision that no one goes hungry!