Shop with our partners below to support the Food Bank!
- Eastcut Sandwich Bar will be collecting donations for us here at the Food Bank starting 6/1 and running through July 31st. Customers can donate when they check out through their online ordering page here.
- On Wednesday 6/30, they will also be donating 10% of their sales to the Food Bank
- Auction Direct will be running their ” Christmas in July” promotion from July 14th through July 25th where they will be donating $20 per vehicle sold to us here at the Food Bank. Visit their website here for more details!
Raleigh’s 13 Tacos and Taps is hosting their first ever “Margarita Battle” to benefit the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. The battle features local food bloggers Cecilia “Cece” Moreno of Food Diary of A City Girl and Nancy Thapa. The two bloggers have created their own unique margaritas that will be featured at 13 Tacos and Taps from July 27th-Aug. 7th. For each cocktail sold, $1 will be donated to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina to help combat hunger in the community. The “Margarita Battle” winner will be announced on Aug. 7th on 13 Tacos and Taps’ social media platforms and will be determined by which margarita was the top seller. The two margaritas up for battle:
1. “Tamarind Margarita” by Cece Moreno of Food Diary of A City Girl This margarita features tamarind pulp simple syrup using sour tamarind pods. Served in a rocks glass with a Tajín coated rim.
2. “OOO-Out of Office” by Nancy Thapa Mango and passionfruit margarita topped with diced mangoes, mint and a black salt rim.
Want to add your give-back promotion to this page? Click here to view our Cause Marketing Guidelines and learn more about how your brand can support our Food Bank. Please email Tessa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to learn more.
Calling all Technology Companies, Organizations and Groups!
Over the past year, the ways we have used technology to connect with one another has exponentially grown, and while so much of our lives seem to have moved to a virtual platform, our basic household needs remain ever present. With the loss of jobs, income, and in-person schooling, there are 38% more individuals and families struggling to keep food on the table. For the month of May, technology companies and organizations across the Food Bank’s 34- county service area are invited to raise meals in a friendly competition to fight hunger for bragging rights, an exclusive volunteer opportunity and a trophy!
Think your company has what it takes to win? Here is what you need to know:
- The competition runs from May 1st to May 31st, 2021.
- It will be a virtual event hosted on our Just Giving peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
- Registration begins April 1st, 2021. Sign up below!
- After registering you will receive Microsoft Teams invite for orientation being held on April16, 2021.
- After orientation you will create your own fundraising page with a unique URL to your own “virtual food drive” fundraising page. Share this link with coworkers, teammates, friends, family and even on social media! Every dollar donated can provide 5 meals for people facing food insecurity!
- Want to hold a physical food drive as well? Visit our food and fund drive page for information on drop-off locations and collection boxes. You can also download donation signs and a list of our most-needed items. Every 1.2 pounds of food is equal to 1 meal for a neighbor in need.
- Food donations must be dropped off at one of our branches by 4:00pm on Friday, May 28th to be counted in the competition.
- Bytes for Bites will have two winners: most meals raised overall, and most meals raised per employee.
- For more details or questions, please contact Michael Hooker, Community Donations Coordinator at email@example.com.
The Food Bank’s mission is to nourish people, build solutions, and empower communities. Thank you for believing in our mission, and our vision that no one goes hungry!