If your school community came together to raise meals for our food-insecure neighbors, how many people could you feed? Find out!
In the last year, the Food Bank distributed food to almost 500,000 children facing hunger in the 34 counties we serve, and unfortunately, the number of children in need is increasing. With COVID-19 closing schools and school systems struggling to make the adjustments required to serve children, we saw the devastating impact. No child should have to worry when he or she will eat again, and no parent should have to skip a meal, water down drinks or risk not paying a bill so they can put food on the table for their children. Since its inception, Students Against Hunger has provided hundreds of thousands of meals to families with the support of local schools.
Now your school can join the mission to nourish, build, and empower our community!
What You Need to Know:
- Dates: Collect and donate food and funds anytime between Thursday, October 14th through Friday, December 3rd.
- Platform: Our user-friendly platform gives you the power to create and customize your page. You can share this link with teachers, students, parents, friends, family, and school alumni. Donations made online are received immediately by our Food Bank, and you will know how much your team has raised in real-time. Every dollar donated is equal to 5 meals!
- Donation Drop-Offs: Food and funds must get dropped off at one of our branches during business hours Monday-Friday. Due to limited resources, we are not able to offer a Saturday drop-off date. Please ensure to record the weight of your donation (or cash amount) and report back to me for tracking purposes.
- Start planning! Start brainstorming about team members, locations, and communication plan.
- Be Social! Tag us @FoodBankCENC in your social media posts and use the hashtags #StudentsAgainstHunger and #NoOneGoesHungry!