Shop with our partners below to support the Food Bank!
- Eastcut Sandwich Bar will be collecting donations for us here at the Food Bank starting 6/1 and running through July 31st. Customers can donate when they check out through their online ordering page here.
- On Wednesday 6/30, they will also be donating 10% of their sales to the Food Bank
- Auction Direct will be running their ” Christmas in July” promotion from July 14th through July 25th where they will be donating $20 per vehicle sold to us here at the Food Bank. Visit their website here for more details!
Raleigh’s 13 Tacos and Taps is hosting their first ever “Margarita Battle” to benefit the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina. The battle features local food bloggers Cecilia “Cece” Moreno of Food Diary of A City Girl and Nancy Thapa. The two bloggers have created their own unique margaritas that will be featured at 13 Tacos and Taps from July 27th-Aug. 7th. For each cocktail sold, $1 will be donated to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina to help combat hunger in the community. The “Margarita Battle” winner will be announced on Aug. 7th on 13 Tacos and Taps’ social media platforms and will be determined by which margarita was the top seller. The two margaritas up for battle:
1. “Tamarind Margarita” by Cece Moreno of Food Diary of A City Girl This margarita features tamarind pulp simple syrup using sour tamarind pods. Served in a rocks glass with a Tajín coated rim.
2. “OOO-Out of Office” by Nancy Thapa Mango and passionfruit margarita topped with diced mangoes, mint and a black salt rim.
Want to add your give-back promotion to this page? Click here to view our Cause Marketing Guidelines and learn more about how your brand can support our Food Bank. Please email Tessa Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to learn more.
2021 Kids Summer Meals service runs June 14 — August 20
Kids Summer Meals, also known as the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), is a USDA federally funded resource which offers free nutritious meals to children 2-18 typically during summer months. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USDA approved waivers to activate Summer Food Service Program outside of traditional program dates so children can have access to free meals even when schools close for holiday breaks. The Food Bank will offer support across its 34-county service area to new and returning sites for Kids Summer Meals sponsorship.
Recruiting Kids Meals Sites:
Youth center, apartment complex, or other community group? If you are an organization, or know of an organization, that would like to provide free meal service for children this summer, please submit a Kids Summer Meals Site Application to request meal sponsorship.
Recruiting Meal Vendors:
Caterer, restaurant, commercial kitchen, or meal provider? If you would like to learn more about paid partnership to provide meals this summer, email Mercedes Sanders at email@example.com for more information.
Waivers for this year’s Kids Summer Meals service include:
- Meals can be grab-and-go; it is not necessary for the children to eat on site.
- Parents and guardians can pick up the meals for their children, without children needing to be present.
- Sites and programs may be able to provide children and guardians with multiple meals during a single pick-up.
Contact Mercedes Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org
NC Legal Feeding Frenzy is an annual joint program of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across North Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
For more information, and to register to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, please visit https://nclegalfeedingfrenzy.com!