Shop with our partners below to support the Food Bank!
- Visit one of the Wegmans Food Markets below between 10/17-11/27 for their Check Out Hunger Campaign. Customers can donate $1, $2, $3, $5, round up their bill, or give any amount at checkout with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Food Bank.
- The Crepe Cakerie is holding a Turkish cooking class on September 16th. All proceeds will be donated to the Food Bank. Click here to sign-up!
- The Greater Triangle Area CROP Hunger Walk will be October 31st at 2pm at Pullen Park and the Food Bank is one of the benefitting partners! Click here to register, donate or start a team!
- Highland Brewing Give Back with Gaelic campaign is back for the 2nd year, raising funds for us here at the Food Bank! Now through the end of the year, customers looking to support the campaign can look for the updated Gaelic Ale packaging featuring a red “Give Back with Gaelic” banner. It is available at retailers across the Southeast. For more information, visit www.highlandbrewing.com/giveback
Want to add your give-back promotion to this page? Click here to view our Cause Marketing Guidelines and learn more about how your brand can support our Food Bank. Please email Tessa Johnson at email@example.com with questions or to learn more.
2021 Kids Summer Meals service runs June 14 — August 20
Kids Summer Meals, also known as the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), is a USDA federally funded resource which offers free nutritious meals to children 2-18 typically during summer months. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USDA approved waivers to activate Summer Food Service Program outside of traditional program dates so children can have access to free meals even when schools close for holiday breaks. The Food Bank will offer support across its 34-county service area to new and returning sites for Kids Summer Meals sponsorship.
Recruiting Kids Meals Sites:
Youth center, apartment complex, or other community group? If you are an organization, or know of an organization, that would like to provide free meal service for children this summer, please submit a Kids Summer Meals Site Application to request meal sponsorship.
Recruiting Meal Vendors:
Caterer, restaurant, commercial kitchen, or meal provider? If you would like to learn more about paid partnership to provide meals this summer, email Mercedes Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Waivers for this year’s Kids Summer Meals service include:
- Meals can be grab-and-go; it is not necessary for the children to eat on site.
- Parents and guardians can pick up the meals for their children, without children needing to be present.
- Sites and programs may be able to provide children and guardians with multiple meals during a single pick-up.
Contact Mercedes Sanders at email@example.com
NC Legal Feeding Frenzy is an annual joint program of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across North Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
For more information, and to register to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, please visit https://nclegalfeedingfrenzy.com!
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, they invite everyone to focus on the importance of making informed food choices, developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here at the Food Bank, our Nutrition Education Team put together a National Nutrition Month® Healthy Food Drive Calendar. So grab an empty box, and each day add one healthy item to donate. There’s a theme each week, and a few healthy tips for you along the way! At the end of the month, drop off your donation box at your local Food Bank Branch.