By The Numbers
Greenville Events & Blog Posts
With schools out due to COVID-19, there are active locations across our service area providing free grab-and-go meals for children. We will be updating the list as often as needed.
- Food will be distributed by volunteers at curbside or other designated area to minimize safety concerns.
- Social distancing is to be enforced by all.
- The food will be placed in safe and sanitized food containers.
- You will not be required to show ID.
- Children do not have to be present with you to pick up food.
Any organizations interested in filling a need and setting up meal pick up location(s) in our service area can submit a request to serve meals for kids.
More places to find food:
Anyone in our 34-county service area who needs help with food can visit our Food Finder page to look up local members of our partner agency network. (Live outside our service area? Find your local food bank here.)
More ways to give help:
As we shift our inventory to be as nimble as possible to meet the ever-changing need, funds are the resource we need most. They allow us to make purchases in bulk, and tailor our operation as needed in the coming days and weeks.
Also, the Food Bank greatly relies on our volunteers, especially in times of crisis. If you are a healthy adult and want to volunteer, you can self-schedule a shift at foodbankcenc.org/volunteer
Calling all Technology Companies and Organizations!
Technology companies and organizations across the Food Bank’s 34- county service area are invited to raise meals in a friendly competition to fight hunger for bragging rights, an exclusive volunteer opportunity and a trophy!
Think your company has what it takes to win? Sign up today! Here’s what you need to know:
- The competition runs from April 1st to May 1st, 2020
- After registering, you will receive an email with a unique URL to your own “virtual food drive” fundraising page. Share this link with coworkers, teammates, friends, family and even on social media! Every dollar donated provides 5 meals for people facing food insecurity!
- Want to hold a physical food drive as well? Visit our food and fund drive page for information on drop-off locations and collection boxes. You can also download donation signs and a list of our most-needed items. Every 1.2 pounds of food is equal to 1 meal for a neighbor in need.
- Food donations must be dropped off at one of our branches by 12:00pm on Friday, May 1st in order to be counted in the competition.
- Bytes for Bites will have two winners: most meals raised overall, and most meals raised per employee.
- For more details or questions, please contact Liz Moss, Food & Fund Drive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Food Bank’s mission is to nourish people, build solutions, and empower communities. Thank you for believing in our mission, and our vision that no one goes hungry!
As the weather heats up, many North Carolinians start planning vacations and days by the pool. But in the 34 counties the Food Bank serves, just over 300,000 (1 in 5) children are eligible for free or reduced cost breakfast and lunch at school, and rely on the free and reduced-cost meals at school to get them through the day. During the summer, school meals are no longer available. For them, summertime doesn’t mean a fun-filled vacation. For them, no school means no meals.
Stop Summer Hunger is our annual initiative to raise awareness, funds, and food to feed these children and their families during this season of increased need. Join other Greenville-area hunger fighters as we kick off #StopSummerHunger 2020. We will be recognizing Partner Agencies who are feeding children as well as Sponsors who are supporting the #StopSummerHunger initiative.
Light breakfast foods and beverages will be served. Free parking available.
RSVP to George Young, Eastern Regional Director at gyoung@FoodBankCENC.org
All branch locations will be closed on these holidays:
Thanksgiving – November 28-30, 2019
Christmas – December 24-25, 2019
New Years – January 1, 2020
MLK Day – January 20, 2020
Good Friday – April 10-11, 2020
Memorial Day – May 25, 2020
All branch locations will close at noon on these days (5th Fridays):
January 31, 2020
May 29, 2020