By The Numbers
Wilmington Events & Blog Posts
NC Legal Feeding Frenzy is an annual joint program of the NCBA Young Lawyers Division and Feeding the Carolinas food banks. It aims to fight hunger across North Carolina by uniting the legal community in support of local food banks.
For more information, and to register to support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, please visit https://nclegalfeedingfrenzy.com!
Calling all Technology Companies and Organizations!
Technology companies and organizations across the Food Bank’s 34- county service area are invited to raise meals in a friendly competition to fight hunger for bragging rights, an exclusive volunteer opportunity and a trophy!
Think your company has what it takes to win? Sign up today! Here’s what you need to know:
- The competition runs from April 1st to May 1st, 2020
- After registering, you will receive an email with a unique URL to your own “virtual food drive” fundraising page. Share this link with coworkers, teammates, friends, family and even on social media! Every dollar donated provides 5 meals for people facing food insecurity!
- Want to hold a physical food drive as well? Visit our food and fund drive page for information on drop-off locations and collection boxes. You can also download donation signs and a list of our most-needed items. Every 1.2 pounds of food is equal to 1 meal for a neighbor in need.
- Food donations must be dropped off at one of our branches by 12:00pm on Friday, May 1st in order to be counted in the competition.
- Bytes for Bites will have two winners: most meals raised overall, and most meals raised per employee.
- For more details or questions, please contact Liz Moss, Food & Fund Drive Officer, at email@example.com.
The Food Bank’s mission is to nourish people, build solutions, and empower communities. Thank you for believing in our mission, and our vision that no one goes hungry!
All branch locations will be closed on these holidays:
Thanksgiving – November 28-30, 2019
Christmas – December 24-25, 2019
New Years – January 1, 2020
MLK Day – January 20, 2020
Good Friday – April 10-11, 2020
Memorial Day – May 25, 2020
All branch locations will close at noon on these days (5th Fridays):
January 31, 2020
May 29, 2020