If your school community came together to raise meals for our food-insecure neighbors, how many people could you feed? Find out!
Last year schools (daycare-college) collectively raised 341,548 meals. This year due to COVID-19, the food insecurity rate in our service area has risen by an estimated 38% — meaning Students Against Hunger is more important than ever.
This year’s competition is entirely virtual! We have a brand new Virtual Food Drive system that we’re excited for everyone to use.
What You Need to Know:
- Dates: Collect and donate food and funds anytime between Thursday, October 15th through Friday, December 4th.
- New Platform: We have a new user-friendly platform that gives you the power to create and customize your page. You can share this link with teachers, students, parents, friends, family, and school alumni. Donations made online are received immediately by our Food Bank, and you will know how much your team has raised in real-time. Every dollar donated is equal to 5 meals!
- Donation Drop-Offs: Although we are not emphasizing physical food drives, we will still accept donations made in this fashion. Food and funds must get dropped off at one of our branches during business hours Monday-Friday. Due to limited resources, we are not able to offer a Saturday drop-off date. Please ensure to record the weight of your donation (or cash amount) and report back to me for tracking purposes.
- Explore! Our Just Giving peer to peer platform is a tool that can help excite your school. You can hold physical challenges, team challenges, live stream events, or do your own thing.
- Be Social! Tag us @FoodBankCENC in your social media posts and use the hashtags #StudentsAgainstHunger and #NoOneGoesHungry!